Gypsy Rose Blanchard announces split from husband 3 months after prison release

Gypsy Rose Blanchard and her husband, Ryan Scott Anderson, are calling it quits less than three months after she was released from prison.

Blanchard, 32, announced the split in a post on her private Facebook account Thursday, according to People.

“People have been asking what is going on in my life. Unfortunately my husband and I are going through a separation and I moved in with my parents [sic] home down the bayou,” she wrote in the post obtained by the outlet.

“I have the support of my family and friends to help guide me through this. I am learning to listen to my heart. Right now I need time to let myself find… who I am.”

Anderson, 37, started seeing Blanchard after they met in 2020 while Blanchard was serving a 10-year sentence for the second-degree murder of her mother, Clauddine “DeeDee” Blanchard.

The relationship between the Louisiana middle school special education teacher and convicted murderer blossomed when they began regularly writing to each other while Blanchard was in prison.

The pair were married in a jailhouse ceremony at Missouri’s Chillicothe Correctional Center in July 2022.

She was granted parole in September and was released from prison on December 28, nearly three years ahead of schedule.

Days after her release, Blanchard told People she was excited about married life now that she was out of prison and planned on having a new ceremony with her husband outside of prison.

“We do plan on having a reception/redo wedding with all of our family and our friends and the dress and the cake and everything because we deserve that. I deserve that. He deserves that,” she told the outlet.

She explained that she and Anderson only had the “prison wedding” so they could make their vows to each other since it “meant something” to them to get it done before her release.

“I think the party is kind of for everybody else and us, but mostly for everybody else,” she added about having another ceremony.

However, it wasn’t all smooth sailing out the gate for Blanchard, who indicated during the interview she was nervous about what the future may hold for them.

“I’ve never lived with a man,” Blanchard explained. “I grew up with a mom, so I didn’t even grow up with a dad in the house. So I’m like, ‘I don’t even know what it’s like to live with a man.’”

“I think the only fear that I have is, honestly, just making sure that we have good conflict [resolution],” she added.

“I’m a very ‘in the moment’ type of person, so I want to make sure if we have an argument, I want to clear it up in the moment. He is … the opposite, where he has to sit on things and think about it, and then come back a couple hours later and resolve it.”

Earlier this month, Blanchard deleted her public Instagram account — which had over 7.8 million followers — to remove herself from the spotlight.

The decision came after a source told The Post her parole officer persuaded her to get out of the public eye and off social media so “she won’t get in trouble and go back to jail.”

She has since only used social media on private accounts.

During her childhood, Blanchard was forced by her mother to pretend she was suffering from a host of illnesses that falsely forced her to be bound to a wheelchair for over two decades.

It’s believed her mother suffered from Munchausen syndrome by proxy — a psychological disorder where parents fabricate illnesses for their child and subject them to unnecessary medical treatments, often in an effort to garner attention for themselves.

The events of Blanchard’s childhood were shown in the HBO documentary Mommy Dead and Dearest and the Hulu scripted series The Act.

This article originally appeared on New York Post and was reproduced with permission

Leave a Comment